Terms and Conditions of Membership of the British Motorcyclists Federation
1. Purpose of Document
This document describes the terms and conditions surrounding:
· The BMF Membership Scheme
· Use of Data
· Use of the BMF website(s)
2. The British Motorcyclists Federation Membership Scheme
By purchasing a membership from the British Motorcyclist Federation, you consent to the member being bound by all relevant rules, codes and policies governing the activities and conduct of the membership including, without limitation, the Constitution, Codes of Conduct, issued and updated from time to time by the British Motorcyclist Federation. British Motorcycle Federation Fencing codes of conduct and other relevant policies can be found here: www.bmf.co.uk
Further to this, the following Terms and Conditions apply:
2.1 All Member Categories
1. In these terms and conditions: "Membership" means the British Motorcyclists Federation Membership Scheme “BMF”, British Motorcyclists Federation; “Member” means a current Member of BMF Membership Scheme, “Partner” a third part supplier outside of BF offering a benefit to Members.
2. A) “Membership” for the Terms and
Conditions herein refers only to Membership of the BMF Membership Scheme, not a
membership of the corporate body, BMF [Enterprises] ltd.
B) Membership of the corporate entities are described by the relevant Memorandum and Articles of Association.
3. Available Membership Categories and the associated services and benefits are published on the BMF website.
4. Members will be issued with a unique membership number which will be required to access certain benefits and services of Membership.
5. Individual Memberships are personal to the Member and are not transferable.
6. The BMF reserves the right to refuse any application for Membership at its sole discretion without reason.
7. If the remittance tendered in payment of Membership is dishonoured, not paid or in any other way refused (other than by the BMF), the relevant Member shall be liable to pay the BMF’s administrative charge of £5.00 (or such other amount as the BMF may inform the Member in writing from time to time) and any bank or other similar charge incurred by the BMF as a result, and such Membership shall be immediately withdrawn.
8. The BMF reserves the right to suspend or cancel a Member’s Membership and all associated benefits for a period of time or to withdraw their use in the event of a breach of any of the terms and conditions, where a discounted fee has been claimed without entitlement, or if the Member knowingly does or suffers to be done any act or thing which will in any way harm, misuse or bring into disrepute BMF Membership.
9. The BMF reserves the right to withdraw any Membership upon reasonable notice being given, subject to the right of the Member to a reasonable pro rata reimbursement.
10. The BMF has the right to change the benefits that a Member receives at any time without advance notice so long as the value of the benefits remains the same. Any changes will be subsequently notified to existing Members.
Member Offers and Partners
11. Any special Membership offers for priority booking periods, discounted tickets, etc., to a particular competition or other event will not guarantee that a Member will obtain such tickets.
12. Availability and access to Member offers will be further subject to the specific terms and conditions of each offer.
13. While they will use their reasonable endeavours to determine that such offers are genuine and achievable, the BMF is not responsible for Partners not honouring any discounts and/or offers quoted to Members.
14. If a Member obtains a Membership product or service from a Partner, the Member will become a customer of that Partner and will deal with them on the terms and conditions set out by the Partner for such sale.
Personal Data & Preferences
15. The BMF will record personal contact information in its secure database for the purposes of managing the Membership scheme, administering the organisation or to contact its members with promotions and updates. Contact details will not be passed to third party organisations without Member’s specific consent. Members may unsubscribe by updating their profile in the membership login area.
16. Members are responsible for ensuring that their personal details and communication preferences are kept up to date in their profile accessible via the membership login area.
17. The BMF may contact lapsed Members up to 24 months after Membership expires to identify why the Membership has lapsed. This may include any current Membership offers and promotions. The emails will contain instructions to unsubscribe from these emails.
Your BMF Membership is an annual agreement. The membership type is set at the point of renewal and runs for the full twelve months.
The following additional Terms and Conditions apply:
18. Membership can be a rolling annual agreement, with the Members prior agreement, which will automatically renew upon the anniversary of the first application.
19. Membership is paid annually, in advance and is non-refundable.
20. Membership category is set at the point of renewal and runs for the full twelve months.
21. Membership category can be upgraded during a membership year.
22. Memberships can only be downgraded at renewal, and there may be limits and additional charges imposed for subsequent upgrades within a 12-month period.
2.1.1 Late Renewal Payments
If, for any reason, a renewal payment is delayed your renewal date is effective from the date the renewal was due and not from the date of payment. Membership is a rolling agreement, and your membership will continue on from the original renewal date.
2.1.2 Cancellations and Refunds
You will receive a renewal notice approximately 4 weeks in advance of your renewal date, informing you of your entitlement to cancel and of any changes to your auto renewal as well as the amount due. This will be sent to the email that we have in your membership profile. Any payment arrangements that have been made by auto renewal will continue unless you notify your bank/building society that you wish to cancel. Recurring payments can be cancelled from within the BMF membership platform.
If you wish to cancel your membership, you must inform us of your intention to cancel prior to the renewal date.
This can be done by logging into the membership platform at any point before the renewal date and cancelling.
If you unable to log into the membership platform to cancel your membership, you must inform us of your intention to cancel a minimum of ten working days prior to the renewal date. This notice should be provided directly to us, in writing by letter or e-mail.
You will not be charged and there will be no refund due.
Once your membership has been renewed, it will still be possible to cancel your membership. No refunds will be provided unless the notice requirements are complied with.
If you subsequently make a late renewal payment, your renewal is effective from the date the payment was due and not the actual payment date.
2.1.3 Change of Details
Members have direct access to the membership platform where personal details can be updated directly. The BMF will use these contact details to get in touch with you. If you are unable to access the platform and wish to update any of the personal details associated with your membership, then your request must be sent in writing by letter or e-mail.
3. Use of Personal Data
Any information you give us may be added to our database and will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any and all subsequent legislation regarding the processing of personal data.
We will never sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to any third parties (excluding those trusted organisations such as those that carry out functions or membership services on our behalf and partner organisations) unless you give us permission to do so, or we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it or where it is necessary for the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights.
We will communicate with you through email, notices posted on our websites and other means. By joining the BMF, you are indicating your consent to receive statutory notices to the email address you supply and accept that you are responsible for updating our records if your email address or other personal details change.
These notices may include emails which help inform you about matters relevant to your membership and emails related to the proper functioning of your account.
Where a subscription to Motorcycle Rider Magazine is included in your membership, you will automatically be subscribed based on the options you select when joining.
We produce a number of newsletters which you can subscribe or unsubscribe to at any time.
All our newsletters will give you information about how you can opt out receiving individual newsletters or unsubscribe from all newsletters.
All email messages to or from the BMF may be monitored to ensure compliance with internal policies and for our mutual protection.
The BMF may contact you up to 24 months after your membership has lapsed to identify the reasons behind your lapsed membership. This may include any current membership offers and promotions. You will be given the option to unsubscribe from these emails.
If you believe you have received electronic communications in error, please contact the BMF Head Office immediately so that we can rectify the problem. It is not the intention of the BMF to send you communication you do not wish to receive.
5. The BMF Website(s)
By accessing the BMF website(s) you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained herein.
The BMF reserve the right to vary or amend these terms and conditions at any time. This website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or endorsement.
Although we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of the information displayed on this web site, the BMF does not make any warranties, express or implied, in relation to its accuracy. Furthermore, the BMF cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions and reserve the right to vary, amend or cancel any of the arrangements featured on this website should they find such alterations necessary.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within this website is made available for your own personal non-commercial use only and that you may not copy or otherwise use the material for any other purpose.
You further acknowledge and agree that all rights, the material and content of this website are owned by or licensed to the BMF. You undertake not to copy, store, distribute or alter any part of this website without the prior written permission of the BMF or in accordance with the Copyright, designs and Patents Act 1988.
5.2 Website Links
Websites operated by the BMF may contain links to third party websites. These links are provided for your convenience only and the BMF may have no control over such websites nor be responsible for their contents.
Providing a link to an external website does not imply any endorsement of the material on those websites or any association with their operators. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to from this website, you do so entirely at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over any availability.
For full details on how the BMF process and store data collected on the BMF website please refer to the Privacy Statement which can be found here: www.bmf.co.uk
6. Events Beyond our Control
We will not be liable to you for any delay in delivering any services or order or breach of our obligations, if the delay or breach is due to acts of God, civil commotion, riots, malicious damage, floods, drought, fire, legislation, failure of ISP or telecommunications provider or other cause beyond our reasonable control. This does not affect your statutory rights.
7. If you have any questions relating to these Terms, please e-mail us direct at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01162 795 112.
This document was created using an SEQ Legal template.
You must not:
1 republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
2 sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
3 show any material from the website in public;
4 reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose; or
5 edit or otherwise modify any material on the website.
You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including, without limitation, scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
Access to certain areas of our website is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion.
If you generate a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our website or other content or services, you must ensure that the password is kept confidential.
You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account or password.
You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
You must not use any other person's user ID and password to access parts of our website, unless you have that person's express permission to do so.
We may disable your user ID and password at any time in our sole discretion with or without notice or explanation.
We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information published on this website; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software
We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We may update our website from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 08324832. Our VAT number is: GB220427746.
https://www.sport80.com is a website operated by Sport:80 Services Limited (“We”).
Sport:80 Services Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 08324832 and have our registered office at Unit 3, Neepsend Triangle Business Centre, 1 Burton Road, Sheffield, England, S3 9BW. You can contact us by email at email@example.com
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our website must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Last updated by Freeths LLP: 11th May 2017